Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Is it nearly the weekend?

Okay I know, I missed last weekend which passed in a blur of visitors and skiing/snowboarding, apartment full of damp ski stuff and hungry people, which sure wasn't too much fun for me anyway.

Now this weekend coming up was supposed to make up for it, my friend was coming to stay with her little boy for the weekend and it was going to be soooo much fun, crafting,sewing, knitting lessons for her, she is SO going to learn to knit socks. Unfortunately she can't come and visit now, her husband is still sick and I really do understand but I so wanted to see her and I have sooo many projects in my head now, that my head might just explode.
See that is what happens when you are forced to put away all the crafty equipment when you have visitors to stay, when you have to pretend you live in a semi-tidy apartment. You spend the week knitting on socks and planning the reeaaalllly messy projects you will tackle as soon as they make their way to the airport!
It doesn't help that my new Interweave arrived, I haven't got round to knitting the cardis from the last one yet, so you lot have to stop with the inspiration, its not fair!
I want to knit Matilda Jane, Flair, Enid, Equestrian Blazer, from the winter issue of Interweave and have you seen Heathers Venezia in perfect colours for me. Not forgetting some colourwork like, Latvian mittens, very pretty, and while you are visiting Vicki check out the Bread and Butter Pudding and who wants to send me a raisin and cinnamon loaf, thanks!
So according to Amazon france I can buy a secondhand copy of Latvian Mittens for nearly 340 euros, I am sure I can buy it for $25 new!! Whats going on?
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend, me I am writing a list of all the things I am am going to do when everyone is back to school and work and I have peace and quiet.........

2 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

Oh, there are so many things to knit!!!

I hope you can find a reasonably priced copy of Latvian Mittens. ; )

Anonymous said...

ooh - Matilda Jane 's on my list too ! Have you seen the one Enchanting Juno is working on ?

It's so frustrating when you're desperate to get on with things and you can't. We've got family coming to eat tonight but do you know, I'd rather just knit !