Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sewing Summer



This summer was the summer of sewing for me, we attended 2 weddings, one in Denmark and one in Scotland.
The top picture is a headless picture of my friend, the bride wearing a One Skein Wonder, I knitted for her and a necklace in freshwater pearls, swarovski crystal squares and bicones.
The Danish wedding was classed as smart,casual,informal which caused me more problems than the very smart Scottish one. So in the end I sewed 3 dresses before I found one I was happy with, even then I was wishing I had gone with my first option and not let myself be talked out of it, as too dressy. So dress in cotton voile Burda magazine May 2006.
Sorry no full length pictures as No1 son was in charge of the camera for the day, so this is it! Necklace by me with recycled glass beads and a piece of fern quartz courtesy of two of my friends, thanks girls. Next up Scottish wedding with my boys in their kilts.

3 comments:

Vicki Knitorious said...

Yay! I'm so glad to see this, Yvette! And you!

Mary said...

Good to see you blogging. I'm very impressed with your sewing and jewellery skills, not to mention the knitting of course!

Anonymous said...

I did wonder what you would decide to wear for the weddings. Did you manage to finish all the sewing and beading?

When do we get to go bead shopping again?

I'm off to Glasgow next week for a few days play