Thursday, October 23, 2008

Not pink for a change

Now for those of you who know me, know that I don't do green, I am a very pink person but recently I have knitted 2 green cardis
One of which was the very lovely Tempest, which is a great pattern, if it was knitted in one piece and didn't have you pick up the hem and sew it up, then it would be fabulous, I hate sewing up and this poor cardi did lie around in pieces in a bag for an awful long time. I am planning Tempest no2 though ;)




The second of the two was a shrug for the fairy princess and she needed something to match a green sundress for a wedding, she was very pleased with it as it had beads on the cast off edge. It was based on the one skein wonder but with elbow length sleeves, very cute :)




I am not knitting for a week or so as I have damaged a tendon in my right wrist and have to rest it for a week, so do you know how boring it is to watch television with no knitting?

8 comments:

Leonie said...

The cardy and the shrug both look beautiful. Congratulations on a touch of green in your wardrobe! The week without knitting is a right royal pain, take it from someone who has sprained a wrist and dislocated an elbow twice in the last 9 months! At least it is only a week.

dominiqueknitting said...

get well soon! I hope rest and ice do the trick for you

Anonymous said...

Lovely greens!
You could always read instead.

Nutsue said...

I hope you will be well in few days! You should knit and spin and delight us with all that wonderfull things that you do!

Linda said...

Tempest looks lovely. I hope that wrist gets better soon.

RedScot said...

What beautiful tops! Hope your wrist mends soooooon...

Anonymous said...

Vert c'est vert, pourtant ce n'est pas le printemps ! très joli en tout cas;J'espère que côté tendon cela va s'arranger.

jessie said...

Both are adorable.