Friday, April 06, 2007

Matilda Jane went to a Party




At last MJ has buttons, all 8 of them, ribbon, the right amount and I had somewhere to go to wear her and my skirt, so here we are

and the back, sort of, the photographer is rubbish.


Only problem was MJ was having such a good time at the birthday party she refused the first offer of a lift home, which meant not getting home till 2am. Which in itself is fine, the boys were all away, Jim was at work, except I had volunteered to look after our friends 4 year old, who is adorable but she arrived at 7.15am, lets say lots of tea was needed before I was up for the 5 hours of sticking, cutting, beading and sewing, we did make a princess dress, complete with lots of sparkle, she had fun, now I need a little nap!!

8 comments:

Twelfthknit said...

Shame about the photographer, but MJ looks good! NOw, where did you get the pattern for that skirt ?(don't tell me you just made it up.....) I fiinished HUstle BUstke but decided I didn;t like it - the pattern is great, but I don't like the material. Howevver, I learnt a lot (in other words, I screwed up a fair amount!) but that's ok. The skirt looks good, I just don't feel the love...
India

Unknown said...

OMG! how cute are you??!!

the skirt, the shoes, the cardi! i'm damn impressed you didn't end up picking up a cute boy (aside from the fact that you are married).

you look just divine in that little ensemble.

ps. today is catching up on emails day for me. the week has been terrible - i will tell you all about it shortly. off to eat more of your yummy chocolate now! (is 8am too early for chocolate ??)

alltangledup said...

i love it. It's simply stunning

Twelfthknit said...

Go see what I made ;0)))
India

Twelfthknit said...

Hey Yvette, another sewing question (you'll be wanting consultancy rates soon....). Mr India kindly bought me some Liberty print cotton as an anniversary present. I want to make some skirts, but don't know what kind would suit such a lightwieght material. The green skirt on my blog is a batik but I don't think that it would be a good idea to make one of these in the Liberty. What do you reckon? I'd be happy to - so easy! - but don't want to ruin the material.
Humble thanks in advance,
India

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - but definitely sack the photographer :0)Haven't even started mine yet but I have more than enough on the needles already !

Heather x

Vicki Knitorious said...

Beautiful! And that little princess spinning in her dress at the end -- worth it.
; )

Anonymous said...

Well you got your girl fix!
The ensemble is excellent, the photographer needs more close-ups; God is in the details, after all!